Google has recently made the most significant update in its search engine algorithm by the introduction of the Hummingbird algorithm.
Google has recently made the most significant update in its search engine algorithm by the introduction of the Hummingbird algorithm. With this update, a concern has grown in the market, whether the update is aimed at killing the SEO or is there something interesting to note about. Well, with this update Google has tried to improve the experience of the search engine users by providing them more realistic results. This update has been considered as the biggest update from Google after the Caffeine update made to the search engine algorithm in the year 2010. The utilization of the Google’s Knowledge Graph helps the search engine provide more conversational and semantic results as compared to those provided before. So, the SEO is still at a great distance from being dead, instead optimization experts will need to put more efforts to get a better ranking in the future.
Knowledge Graph is a project from Google that is in working for a short time ago, but only a small percentage of searchers have employed it. This graph is aimed at the identification and highlighting of connections between places, people and other things along with offering an insight to those connections via its results. This approach provides results with a more knowledge, which seem to be provided by a human instead of a coded algorithm. The Knowledge Graph is extensively used by those searchers, who require in-depth results for their search queries, offering a huge advantage to marketers, researchers and writers.
The SEO Strategy
The new update is observed as a natural progression of the Knowledge Graph, which provides results combining its valuable information with the search capabilities of the engine. Thus, the focus has been shifted from individual words or keywords to a complete search string as a query that provides appropriate results. So, you must optimize your website based on the below mentioned guide to attain more benefit from the search engine results and thus, get your website ranked better.
· Conversational Queries & Long-tail Keywords: The new update now focuses on string and long-tail keywords based query in spite of splitting it into individual words. As long keywords attract more conversation rates, thus providing a higher traffic resulting in a better ranking. So, optimizers now need to create content that could support string based queries rather than focusing on keywords.
· Authority: Google has been considering the authority tool for a long time considering the authority of both the page and the author. With an emphasis placed on the content quality, authority becomes more pertinent and relevant. So, you must attach an authorship with every content that you share, since Google will now deliver the relevant pages in the results rather than redirection to a title or home page.
· Mobile & Voice Search: With the growth of mobile devices and the use of voice based search options as provided by OS platforms from Google as well as others in the market, this new update is believed to be a result of Google’s desire to go mobile. Since, voice search means more conversational queries, so SEO experts need to focus on conversational content while promoting a website or a web page.
· Concentration on Quality: With this update, Google has taken another step forward to kill bad quality content from being listed in its search results. So, website owners and optimizers now need to put more emphasis on the content quality that would be focused more towards readers than the search engine. This provides an option to business owners to provide more information about their products and thus, gain more benefit from natural links.
· Content Marketing Campaign: Content marketing means promoting content placed on the website to make it available to more internet users. With the Hummingbird update, Google has compelled website owners to centre their content at the front of the site. Sites offering a well-rounded and general approach to a topic are promoted better, so content marketers need to change their strategy as well.
The website owners that depend on a quality content far from unethical optimizing techniques have a great chance of generating huge traffic through the Google’s search engine and SEO India agency. Thus, site owners and marketing professionals should concentrate on a rounded marketing plan for a relevant content providing useful information with authoritative appearance for both typed and voice based queries.